Thursday, November 20, 2008

Back to the real world

I made it back to the mainland last Saturday aboard a NOAA research vessel. A very nice and fast boat. The trip usually takes 6 hours by sailboat (the normal transportation) and 2 1/2 hours by motorboat, but my trip back only took 1 1/2 hours. It made it hard to look for birds on the way back, but I can't complain. I'm back in Bolinas now, trying to start working again. It's very hard to sit in front of a computer for very long, but I'm sure I'll get back into it soon enough.

I had a great time out there and hope to go back next out there next year. Thanks for reading!


Looking up Lighthouse Hill at sunset
Purple Finch - the last bird I banded on the island
Sunset on Saddle Rock
Main Top at sunset
Sunset over Indian Head
From the northwest while leaving
From the west
From the southwest
Cruising under the Golden Gate Bridge
In my room, left over from Halloween
The Beard - Day 55

No comments: