Thursday, November 29, 2007

Rock Sandpiper!!!!! - Day 39

Yesterday I found a Rock Sandpiper. They have about 20 records of this species over the past 40 years, so it's a rareish bird. It is also a lifer for me, so that's awesome. For the past 38 days I've been looking through the Black Turnstones hoping to find a Surfbird or Rock Sandpiper. We haven't had a new bird in awhile, so this was a welcomed surprise.
Lifer Rock Sandpiper

Only a couple days left on the island. I'm trying to make the most of it. We have to get some data entered and do some cleaning, all part of the experience. I'll try to get one more post in before I depart.

1 comment:

Mia said...

Mark, I love the blog and the photos and VIDEO! What an amazing experience - when you are going to work a little magic and get your closest friends out on the island?!?! Be good to catch up when you are back on the mainland. Mia