Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Trying some video - Day 30

Took a few short vidoes with my camera. Thought I'd see how they look on the blog. The first is of thousands of Common Murres on the island. Every once in a while they decide to land, but most of the time they're out in the water. Murres are the Northern Hemisphere equivalent of peguins, but better. They have that cool black and white tuxedo look and they dive under the water, but they can fly too.




The other is a couple Elephant Seals fighting and making noise. Not the best but still kinda cool.




The weather has been much better, but there are still very few land birds. Only about ten days left on the island. Time has just flew by. I still have things on the island to check out, so hopefully I can squeeze it in. Oh, yeah we caught two Saweeet Owls (Saw-whet Owls) tonight. They are so awesome. I'll try to get a picture or two up.

Still smiling, though the world seems to have tilted


1 comment:

Andy Dettling said...

Sheeewt, you finally got to hold a Saw-whet after failing at RRBO.

I like the video, take some more. I had no idea that there were that many Murres on the island!